James is an EDA Representative. The APRED platform will support his work in the following ways:
- Provide information that he can use during outreach to the communities under his control.
- Provides him information on the number of investments EDA has made in a particular county in the past.
- Presents him information on the measuring distress indicators of all the counties in his region - based on computation from StatsAmerica.
- Tells the story of distress that might be within counties in his region. And also stories about things that might be going well.
- Provides him information on the number of disaster declarations that have been declared in a particular county in the past.
- Presents him information that he can use to help to guide counties in his region that are applying for grants.
- Obtain disaster history information on one platform.
Sarah is an Economic Development District Coordinator. The APRED platform will support her work in the following ways:
- Present information that will help in developing a competitive economic development strategy.
- Provide information she can use as a narrative when applying for grants.
- Provide information on the measuring distress indicators based on computation from StatsAmerica.
- Allow her to quickly obtain information on business sectors perceived to be vulnerable to natural disasters within counties in their district.
- Enables them to look up across multiple disaster declarations how disasters impact the counties in her economic development district.
- Provide information that will be helpful in resiliency planning.