James is an EDA Representative. The APRED platform will support his work in the following ways:
- Provide information that he can use during outreach to the communities under his control.
- Find information on the measuring distress indicators of counties within his region based on calculation from StatsAmerica.
- Develop narratives about distress that might be within counties in his region. And also stories about improving economic conditions and resiliency.
- Learn about the history of FEMA Disaster Declarations for a particular county and see whether there is an increase in prevalence of any types of disasters.
- Learn about the number of investments EDA has made in a particular county from 2012 to date from the Disaster Supplemental funding awards.
- Share relevant information that counties in this region can consider when applying for future grants.
Sarah is an Economic Development District Coordinator. The APRED platform will support her work in the following ways:
- Find relevant information that will support them in developing a Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS).
- Find information on the measuring distress indicators of counties within her region based on calculation from StatsAmerica.
- Compare economic and distress indicators for counties within their district.
- Learn about business sectors within a county that are perceived to be most vulnerable to natural disasters.
- Provide information to support disaster resiliency planning.
- Find information that can be used as a narrative for grant applications.
- Explore previous FEMA disaster declarations and how resilience has changed overtime for counties in their region.